A 2 Z Rating: Easy, Family Friendly, Fast, Fun
Yield: 2-3 hearty servings
1 lb Cauliflower Florets
(if you don't have a scale handy, half of a medium sized cauliflower head)
1/3 cup Parmesan Cheese
(any good melting cheese can be substituted like Gouda or White Cheddar or make it fun-Blue Cheese)
2 Tbsp. Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp. Butter
(1 Tbsp. within recipe & 1 Tbsp. for melting on top)
1/2 tsp. (1 Clove) Fresh Garlic, Minced
1/2 tsp. Nutritional Yeast Flakes
1/2 tsp. Fresh Dill
(fresh chives, salions, and nasturtium leaves just to name a few tasty herbs that pair nicely)
Salt, Pepper, Paprika, Cayenne etc. to taste
1. Get a 2 quart or medium size pot out with lid and steamer basket, fill 1/4 of the way with (filtered if able to) water. Turn on high heat only briefly before placing florets in, or else the water will burn...seriously.
2. Cut cauliflower into medium to large florets sized pieces.
3. Carefully put cauliflower into boiling water and quickly put lid on to ensure even steaming. Cook for 5 minutes or until the cauliflower is fork tender like a boiled potato would feel. Careful not to over cooked or consistency will be more runny.
4. Carefully remove cauliflower from steaming basket and pat the cauliflower dry with a kitchen towel or a few layers of paper towel.
5. Put cooked cauliflower, parmesan cheese, cream cheese, 1 Tbsp. butter, garlic, nutritional yeast flakes, and roughly chopped dill with fresh cracked black pepper and sea salt into the vitamix, or food processor, or powerful blender. Before turning on, incorporate ingredients together with a few hand stirs.
6. Blend the ingredients on slow to medium speed for 1 minute intervals, stirring the ingredients between intervals. Repeat this process until the Cauliflower Mash is smooth and creamy.
7. Put your hot and delicious Cauliflower Mash into your favorite serving dish. Top with 1 Tbsp. of butter and some fresh herbs for garnish.
8. Enjoy with family, friends, or cooking for yourself, with leftovers for your lunch!
Remember to use the spices and seasonings you already have on hand. Ingredients are flexible and cooking is personalized to your liking. Have fun with it and get to know the flavors and combinations you like.
A 2 Z Rating is a grading scale for recipes. This is a quick guide for you when determining the time, occasion, and experience level of your cooking.